Compensation Law

“No Win, No Fee” Agreements

We have “no win, no fee” costs agreements for most personal injury compensation claims (conditions apply).

The First Consultation is Free

Call E Lee Lawyers on (02) 7202 8088 or email to speak to a personal injury lawyer.

Public Liability Claims

If you are injured in a public place due to someone else’s fault or negligence, we can help you seek fair compensation for your injuries. A public liability insurer or some other party such as a local Council may pay this compensation.

These claims may cover:

  • The cost of medical expenses.
  • Loss of wages and future economic (wage) loss.
  • Compensation for pain and suffering (if your injuries meet a particular threshold).
  • Compensation for help with household or other domestic duties.

Some examples of accidents that may result in public liability claims are:

  • Slip and falls at a shopping centre, grocery store, supermarket, car park, pub, hotel, gym or another public place.
  • Accidents at a construction site.
  • Accidents in the common areas of residential or commercial blocks (e.g. claims against strata).
  • Accidents on local Council property.
  • Accidents on cruise ships.
  • Accidents involving sports or recreational activities.
  • Balcony accidents.

Motor Accidents Compensation

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, you may be able to claim compensation from a Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer. We can help you with your claim.

The CTP insurer may pay compensation in accidents such as:

  • Car accidents.
  • Bus accidents.
  • Truck accidents.
  • Heavy vehicle accidents.
  • Accidents involving pedestrians.
  • Accidents involving trains.
  • Forklift accidents

Depending on the nature and type of your injuries, compensation in the form of “damages” may cover:

  • Loss of wages.
  • Future economic (wage) loss.
  • Compensation for pain and suffering (if your injuries meet a particular medical threshold).

Workers Compensation Claims and Work Injury Damages Claims

If you have been injured at work, you may claim compensation from a workers compensation insurer.

Workers compensation claims may include:

  • Payments for medical expenses.
  • Payments for wage loss.
  • Payment for “non-economic” loss.

We can help with workers compensation claims. Our Principal Lawyer is an Approved Lawyer with the Independent Review Office (previously known as WIRO).

We can also assist those who may have an additional right to make a “Work Injury Damages” claim, paid by the workers compensation insurer.

Institutional or Historical Child Abuse Claims

If you were physically or sexually abused when you were a child while under the care of an institution or Government department, you may be entitled to compensation.

We can provide you and your claim with the sensitivity that is needed throughout the legal process.

Other Personal Injury Compensation Claims

We assist those seeking compensation for personal injury in other types of claims.

These may include:

  • Medical Negligence claims.
  • Total and Permanent Disability claims.
  • Claims involving Assaults or Battery.