We can assist with:
- Will preparation.
- Providing advice on estate planning.
- Updating a Will.
We can also help with:
- Preparing an Appointment of an Enduring Guardian.
- Preparing an Appointment of an Enduring Power of Attorney.
We charge “fixed fee costs” for simple Wills.
Probate Applications and Estate Administration
If a relative of yours has passed away and left assets in NSW, you may have to apply to the Supreme Court to distribute their estate.
We can help you with:
- An application to the Court for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration – this is the formal Grant that gives you the legal power to distribute the estate.
- After you have been issued with the Grant, we can help you with distributing the estate according to the Will or the laws of intestacy (if no Will was made by your relative).
In some cases, you may have to distribute the estate of someone who was not a relative of yours – for example, where a close friend named you as the executor in their Will. We can likewise assist you with the application for the Grant and the distribution process.
Family Provision Claims and Contested Estates
If you believe that you have been unfairly left out of a Will of someone who has passed away, you may be able to make a claim for “family provision” out of the estate.
We can advise you if you are eligible to make a family provision claim, and if so, we can assist you with the family provision claim.